Happy Labor Day! This post is dedicated to all the individuals who work hard and take risk all year long, but don’t have the safety net and start up capital to begin the small businesses that will “get them off the streets” and out of poverty.
As someone who has a safety net, I understand that it is a privilege that not all Americans are afforded. I really wish all privileged people could step outside of themselves and see the other side. In this clip, Melissa Harris-Perry screams what I’ve been trying to say for years. It’s not all about “taking risks” and “building it” on your on. We, as people, are dependent upon on each other for survival. It would be nice if we worked harder to help one another instead of being content watching our brothers and sisters struggle on their own.
- Just START Atlanta: Advice on Beginning Your Digital Company (0.394)
- Quotables from President Obama's First Campaign Rally of 2012 (0.364)
- Entrepreneurship: Do you have what it takes? (0.273)
- Facebook Secrets: How to Reach Your Fan Page Audience WITHOUT Paying (0.273)
- Your Exclusive Invitation to Hangout with Me (0.273)